2 Tbsp Maine-ly Drizzle Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Chipotle, Baklouti Green Chili (if you like some heat), Tuscan Herb, or any extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red, green, or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup purple onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cup white rice
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz )Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Approximately 2 1/2 cups chicken or veggie stock, or water (see note below)
1 Tbsp Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp Salts-of-the-Earth Spanish Fiesta* sea salt or regular sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Choice to a large skillet. Heat on low. Add the chopped pepper and onion and sauté for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat until translucent. Add the garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the rice and sauté 1-2 minutes until translucent.
Drain the juice from the tomatoes into a measuring cup. Add enough chicken broth to equal 3 cups. Add this to the rice and stir. Add the tomatoes. In the same measuring cup, add the tomato paste and Neapolitan Herb Balsamic.
Stir. Add to the rice. Add the oregano and salt. Stir, cover, and turn down to low. Cook for about 20-25 minutes until rice is cooked and completely done.
Taste and add more Spanish Fiesta sea salt and pepper, if needed.