Spinach & Basil Pesto With Ultra Fresh Cobrançosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lunch - Brunch - Dinner
Both the olive oil and basil for this application need to be just crushed and picked, respectively. You can use a mortar and pestle which is traditional or your blender as I did.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 cup super fresh and fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil such as Cobrançosa, or Arbequina
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste
In the jar of your blender add the salt, garlic, spinach, and basil followed by the cheese, nuts, and olive oil.
Process on low until smooth, about 10-15 seconds, stopping the machine to scrape down the sides as necessary.
Prepare your favorite cut of pasta and toss the strained, hot pasta with the pesto.