Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic and Olive Oil
Lunch - Brunch - Dinner
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 racks of lamb, 8 chops each, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 lemons, cut in 1/2 crosswise
- Sprigs oregano and dill, for garnish
Whisk together oil, garlic and thyme in a shallow large baking dish. Add the chops and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours in the refrigerator.
Remove the chops from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling. Heat grill to high and grill the chops for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove and rest for 2 minutes. Slice into individual chops.
Brush the cut side of the lemons with the oil and grill, cut side down on high for 1 minute. Turn lemons 45 degrees to make hatch marks and remove.
Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the platter of chops. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh sprigs of oregano and dill. Serve the remaining grilled lemons on the platter with the chops.