Chicken Penne Pesto
Lunch - Brunch - Dinner
- 1 box tri-colored penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cup fresh asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- 1 sweet red pepper sliced
- 1-1/2 cups Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 1 can water packed artichoke hearts, rinsed drained and quartered
3 tablespoons Maine-ly Drizzle Organic Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Maine-ly Drizzle Cayenne Fused Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken.
- 1 1/2 cups Pesto with Fresh Basil (or two jars pesto sauce)
- 1 jar oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Cook pasta to package instructions adding to cut asparagus the last 4 minutes of the preparation.
In large skillet sauté sweet red peppers and mushrooms, until tender, in 2 tablespoons of Maine-ly Drizzle Tuscan Herb olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Maine-ly Drizzle Cayenne fused olive oil.
Add garlic and cook for another minute. Reduce heat add the chicken, artichokes, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Drain pasta and asparagus and toss with chicken mixture. Drizzle on remaining Maine-ly Drizzle Organic Tuscan Herb olive oil and sprinkle